In honor of the big Replacements show on Saturday, my friend Pat Ganley and I whipped up this map of the Mats’ beginnings in Minneapolis in the early 1980s. Click to read the high-res version.
Takin’ a Ride for #TheReplacements this weekend? Tour with this comic map.
Do you have a song of the summer? I don’t yet. But here’s some I’ve felt this season.
Things to Do This Summer ’14 (July 28-August 24th)
- Drive-In again / Guardians of the Galaxy
- Saints at Midway one last time (8/27)
- Kingfield Softball Thursday nights
- Edina Pool (keep going till it closes)
- Music + Movies in the Park (Back to the Future Mon Aug 4th Linden Hills)
- Chris Mills Living Room Concert Mon 18th – all are welcome. Get tix.
- Ride the Green Line LRT to work
- Be more neighborly – National Night Out/Popsicle Social
- kids/teach grilling and more lawn games, more KUBB
- See more live comedy
- Throw a party
- Golf/mini golf
- Water ski
- Refinish/redecorate deck/yard
- MN Zoo/Como Zoo
- Kayak the creek or raft it
- Backyard film fest/tent out
- Fort Snelling historic weekend WWI (Labor Day weekend)
- Galewood Farms/Pizza Farm
- Lawn Bowling at Brits
- Fringe Fest
- State Fair (MPR DAY 8/29)
- Bike Greenway/Chain of Lakes
- Lake Harriet beach swim
- Juicy Lucy taste test 5-8, Blue Door, Matt’s
- Get a dog? Look at rescue dogs and Snoodles, hypo-allergenic
- List of new restaurants, try one a week
Mpls Aquatennial fireworks said to be top 5 in the country. Believe it.