- Drive-In again / Guardians of the Galaxy
- Saints at Midway one last time (8/27)
- Kingfield Softball Thursday nights
- Edina Pool (keep going till it closes)
- Music + Movies in the Park (Back to the Future Mon Aug 4th Linden Hills)
- Chris Mills Living Room Concert Mon 18th – all are welcome. Get tix.
- Ride the Green Line LRT to work
- Be more neighborly – National Night Out/Popsicle Social
- kids/teach grilling and more lawn games, more KUBB
- See more live comedy
- Throw a party
- Golf/mini golf
- Water ski
- Refinish/redecorate deck/yard
- MN Zoo/Como Zoo
- Kayak the creek or raft it
- Backyard film fest/tent out
- Fort Snelling historic weekend WWI (Labor Day weekend)
- Galewood Farms/Pizza Farm
- Lawn Bowling at Brits
- Fringe Fest
- State Fair (MPR DAY 8/29)
- Bike Greenway/Chain of Lakes
- Lake Harriet beach swim
- Juicy Lucy taste test 5-8, Blue Door, Matt’s
- Get a dog? Look at rescue dogs and Snoodles, hypo-allergenic
- List of new restaurants, try one a week
Spazzkid // Goodbye
The title of future-pop wunderkind Spazzkid’s new EP seems like an affirmation of the future, and surely nothing can go wrong in his sparkly world of synths and J-Pop. With Promise, what I heard was the full cycle of a failed relationship, fizzing out like slow-burning incense. There’s still something lingering even after anything material has fully disintegrated.
That sounds heavy, but over the course of four songs Spazzkid explores many different electronic themes, looking for something to latch onto without ever making a solid decision. He has the rare gift of making indecision sound intentional, while inciting a mixture of emotions in every major synth chord that he hits.
Baseball is back, which has us feeling pretty “Happy.” So happy, in fact, we decided to create our own Brewers Happy video. Check it out! http://www.brewers.com/happy
Great start to the season. Keep up, Brew Crew.